We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zurich-interlaken-gimmelwald train pass options for 4 days

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
zurich-interlaken-gimmelwald train pass options for 4 days

We're a family of four adults/teenagers, arriving at Zurich airport early on July 2nd and need to get to Gimmelwald by late afternoon...

I am also one of those confused by the bewildering array of Swiss trainpass/ticket options...

We know we need to take the Zurich-Bern-Interlaken trains, then switch to the Interlaken Ost-Lauterbrunnen train. Once in Lauterbrunnen we can either take the new Lauterbrunnen-Grutschalp cable car, or the Gruschalp-Murren train...and then walk to Gimmelwald (no problem, I did this hike 30 years ago!) The other option is to take the Murren-Gimmelwald gondola...

Could anyone advise on which Swiss trainpasses would be most economical? What about those family passes - would they be the best deal?

We will mostly stay hiking in the Gimmelwald/Murren area for 3 days only so we're really looking for the best round-trip deal July 2-July 5th from Zurich airport to Murren probably...

Thanks in advance!

drauge

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: zurich-interlaken-gimmelwald train pass options for 4 days

I'm sorry there really is no other option but to do the maths the Swiss Rail website www.sbb.ch/en will give you the point to point fares, and the same will give you cost of passes. You need to look on the top right hand side of site for International Guests, I think it is. You teenagers myu qualify for the family pass if tyou choose to buy passes of not they may get half fares depending on their ages.

2. Re: zurich-interlaken-gimmelwald train pass options for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 07:18