We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

Hi

I am looking for good holiday home or bed and breakfast in interlaken region or lucerne region .Please suggest some place and there are some holiday homes far from train station ..so what are normal bus timings to catch bus which can drop us at home ...till what time bus operates and train operates in switerzland .. what are normal check in and check out timings of hotels and apartments ..I want to stay for 7 days ....and will be doing following things for 5 days ...what to do for rest of days ....

1. visit to mt jungfroch

2. visit to titlis

3. hang gliding interlaken region

4 .schfauseen falls

5 . visit to zermatt region - mount mattrehorn

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

Hi,

I'm afraid that your wish list will involve a huge amount of moving around - you will basically be spending most of each day travelling. I would suggest choosing one area and exploring there. From your wish list, the most logical area would be the Bernese Oberland. You will be able to go up the Jungfraujoch and go hangliding. Mount Titlis is near Lucerne, which is not an easy day trip, and neither is Zermatt. There are many lovely things to do in the Bernese Oberland, so you won't be short of activities.

Take a look at www.myjungfrau.ch to get a sense of the area and work out where you might like to stay. You can use www.bnb.ch for information specifically about bed and breakfasts.

For planning journeys and checking out times, use www.rail.ch

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

I am looking holiday home or bed and breakfast in close vicinity where there are some indian restaurants as I am pure vegetarian .I have seen the websites bt its very hard to find which place is close to tranportation ....I thought that much of switerzland can be covered in day trips ...What if I start early ...May be then I can stay for 5 days in bernese oberland region and one day at zermatt ...

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

Try the website http://www.foodguide.ch/ for indian food. You will also find vegetarian options in the local restaurants.

For Accomodation: http://www.bnb.ch/

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

Many restaurants will cater for your needs, but you will need to explain that you also don't eat egg.

Whilst Switzerland is not a huge country, there are large mountain ranges in the way, which affect the amount of time it takes to travel.

5. Re: holiday home or good bed and breakfast , check in and out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:16