We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Madrid, Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Travel Freaks,

Can some plz suggest me from where to go to Mt Titlis & Jungraujch,

its better to stay in Lucerne Or Interlaken and how to buy tickets for Mt. Titlis is that can be bought along with the rail tickets, If someone has info plz let me know....

Thanks In advance

Neemish

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Titlis is near Engleberg about an hour from Lucerne by train. I can't help about the tickets though. I always have a Pass of some sort, but when you buy your train tickets ask at the ticket office.

Jungfraujoch you need to be somewhere in general area of Interlaken, Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren or Lauterbrunnen, and you buy your tickets at the train station as that's the mode of travel

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Neemish S and wellcome on the forum

If you have one base, you can do one of these mountains as it would be too far to do the other one from where you would be.

I would recommend you decide for the Jungfrau area - www.myjungfrau.ch - OR for the Lucerne area - www.luzern.com and Top Questions about Lucerne (TA KLucerne forum -. Which area I would choose depends on which time of the year you will be travelling. If you have enough time, you could visit both areas.

You need to know, that Jungfrau is a very expensive excursion. It is only worth to do it if the weather and the sights are good. Also Mt. Titlis - see www.titlis.ch - is not cheap but somewhat cheaper.

pore

Madrid, Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Thanks Pore,

I will be reaching Geneva on 25th Nov, I am not able to decide which destination I choose as I have only 2 days to be in Switzerland and wish to visit these 2 places, as I heard most about them, kindly suggest which destination to choose so that I can utilize 26 & 27th, and where should I halt. Your suggestion will be very helpful.

And if I have to skip one between Titlis & Jungfrau which to skip and what alternate destination to choose so that not biting my wallet.

Thanks in Advance.

BR//Neemish

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Well it looks like the current good weather will persist particularly if you go up into the mountains, so it may well be worth going for the Jungfraujoch.

I would follow Swisslover's suggestion and use a base in the area around the Jungfraujoch, probably nicer in Lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Grindelwald, though Interlaken is also OK. Remember, it's a pricey excursion.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Neemish

This is the most difficult question to answer as anybody feels it differently. I would say look at the links I gave you and decide with them. In both places, the Interlaken and the Lucerne area there is so much to do that after two weeks there will still be enough left for a next visit.

pore

Madrid, Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Thanks Pore & catmouse,

As per ur suggestions I checked all the details, as Jungfrau is really a costly excrusion I would like to skip it. Kindly suggest now where I should make base Interlaken or Lucerne as I would like to explore Mt Titlis atleast one peak from the options. What other options are Lucerne if I statyed there for 2 days.

Thanks In advance.

BR//Neemish

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Neemish S

Then it is Engelberg or a place in the Lucerne area. Look at www.luzern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) or at www.engelberg.ch and www.titlis.ch (my preference would be Lucerne or Meggen or Kastanienbaum).

pore

Madrid, Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi All,

I just traveled back from Switzerland, it was awesome thanks for all the tips and reviews. I visited Mt Titlis & jungfraoujch both was awesome, weather was perfectly clear, enjoyed perfect views, Interlaken, Wengen, Kliene scheiding all was great.

Thank u so much.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Neemish S,

Mind to share your itinerary?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Mt Titlis & Jungfraoujch

Hi Neemish,

Could you share your itenary, how you planned and where you stay and about tickets.

Appreicate if you can share details.