We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

I was told that we could take a train from Interlaken to a town in the mountains. There we could have a picnic lunch , go for a hike and then take the funicular down the mountain and hike out of the valley. The person that told me this didn't tell me the name of the town , so I am having trouble making a plan. Could someone please help me figure this out or if you have another suggestion on something else that we could do on our special day. We are coming in by train from Basel on Sept.20th. We have a swiss pass.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

If you are going for a romantic anniversary I wouldn't stay in Interlaken at all. Continue south to any of the mountain villages (lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Murren) and stay there. Puts you much closer to the hiking and in a much more beautiful area.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

Hi,

I would also choose to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Wengen or Murren.

But it is your choice. From Interlaken (Ost), East (There is also a West Station)

Get on the Train which goes to Lauterbrunnen. Important! The train splits at one of the stops, and half the train goes to Lauterbrunnen and half goes to Grindelwald.

Make sure you are on the cars that indicate Lauterbrunnen! When you arrive in Lauterbrunnen and get off the train. Follow the signs at the station for the Cable Car to Murren (Years ago it was a Funicular), When you get to the top of this cable car you will be in Grutschalp. Get on the train that takes you along the cliff and in a few minutes you will be in Murren. Have Lunch and also drink in the beauty of the Eiger Monch and Jungfrau from one of the hotel terraces .

http://mymuerren.ch/en

When you are done eating. Continue walking in this very small town. You will see another cable car...the Schilthorn Cable Car. If you are up to it, and want to get exquisite views of the higher peaks, take the Car up to the Piza Gloria Restaurant

http://www.schilthorn.ch/

This ride is not included on the Swiss Pass. The ride to Murren both ways is!

If you decide not to go up, Just take the Schilthorn Cable Car down. You will change cars on the way down and you will come down to Stechelberg. There you can walk along the Valley back to Lauterbrunnen. Beautiful flat walk which takes about an hour.

myswitzerland.com/en-us/valley-of-the-72-wat…

For More information on this entire region see

http://jungfrauregion.ch/

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th Anniversary! You have picked one of the most beautiful places on earth to visit for your Celebration!

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

Wanted also to give you the website for the Swiss trains.

www.sbb.ch

put in your departing city Interlaken Ost) and then your arrival (Lauterbrunnen) and you will get the schedule.

Baltimore, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

Thanks for taking time to respond to my question. Your info will be really helpful.

Baltimore, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

Thanks so much for your kind wishes regarding our Anniversary. Your info will really help us to plan a perfect day in Switzerland. I appreciate all the detail, that's what I was looking for!!

6. Re: 2 nights 1day in Interlaken- 30th wedding Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16