We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch top station

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Topic
Train from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch top station

Hello,

I would like to know If the ticket for the train ride between Interlaken Ost station and Jungfraujoch top station (Which I believe it is almost 100 euros) can be used to do the following train route:

- Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald (Getting down of the train in Grindelwald and spending some time there) and then to Jungfraujoch, via Kleine Scheeidegg...

And then...

- Jungfraujoch to Lauterbrunnen (Getting down of the train in Lauterbrunnen and spending some time there as well) and then to Interlaken Ost.

In a few words, can I get down in Grindelwald on the way up and Lauterbrunnen on the way down, all with the same ticket of 100 euros, or do I have to pay extra for that?

I hope you can help me as I do not understand the website quite well.

Cheers, from Argentina

Mariano

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
790 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch top station

Unless your ticket is the "Good Morning/Afternoon" ticket - which are only valid on certain trains - the ticket is valid for the whole day so you can get off and back on again wherever you like. You have to change trains anyway in Grindelwald, Kleine Scheidegg and Lauterbrunnen and all are worth having a look around whilst you wait for the next train.

I particularly enjoyed sitting outside the restaurant in KS with a hot chocolate on the way up and a beer with sausage and rosti on the way down with the view of the mountains right in front of you.

Enjoy!

2. Re: Train from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch top station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Jungfrau Region