We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

I will be in Wengen for 5 days in July. I would like to spend one day around Lake Brienz and I like to know how to plan it to be a pleasant day trip. Can I take a train with scenic views there? which steamer cruise to take? I heard the lakeside villages are really quaint and if I plan my trip so I end up at the stop at the Geissbach Falls/hotel around lunch time it can be a nice treat. Is visiting Ballenberg museum a good idea? I will have a 1/2 fare travel card.

Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

You take the train from Wengen to Interlaken Ost and follow the signs to the landing stage, at the far side of station. Tickets are available for a round trip and you can get on and off as you please during the course of a day. THe trip to Brienz takes about 1hour 20minutes approx. Geissbach is the stop before Brienz, but be careful there may be long gaps between the boats. the timetable is on line at www.bls.ch, look for the boat timetables, there are different timetables for Spring and Summer. I would leave Ballenberg for another day if you can you really need a day there,. There restaurants at Ballenberg

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

Thank you very much for your information. I have gone through them and they have been very helpful. I couldn't really understand the last bit though!!?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

Ballenberg in my opinion is a day trip and even then you will not see all of it. In case you don't want to picnic there are restaurants there.

Lake steamer timetables change sometime about now to the summer timetables, sailings are more frequent. I hope this helps

4. Re: Visit Lake Brienz from Wengen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:40
Get answers to your questions about Wengen
Recent Conversations