We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Hikes from Wengen

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Hikes from Wengen

We will be in Wengen for 2 nights on July 18th. We are in our late 60's and not experienced hikers. Would like to do a short hike 1-2 hrs, however, easy, as inclines and higher altitudes get to me.

Thanks for the help.

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

i suggest you go along to the local Tourist Office and get a copy of this brochure from which I am sure you will find a hike to suit.

mhs.gadmin.ch/item_files/86304.pdf

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

Thank you for the info.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

For one walk definitely go Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg. Take the gondola from the center of Wengen village up to Männlichen, then take the approx 3 mile, mostly gentle downhill stroll to KS. You will see the entire Jungfrau massif, glaciers, wildflowers, etc along the way. Simply stunning. Have lunch at KS at the outdoor restaurant with the tables by the rail road tracks.

I have a 40+ page document about the region, including many easy walk descriptions, based on our 16 visits there. If you would like a copy send me a private message with your email address.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

A similar hike on the other side of the valley is the one from Grutchalp across to Murren. Fairly flat walking with great views and a stop at the halfway point if you want to hop on the train for the rest of the journey.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

hi, i am manoj from madrid spain. my family and me are going to be in wengen in august. i just read that you have a 40+ page document on the walks and trails in and around that area. i will highly appreciate it if i could have a copy. thanls alot in advance. manoj my email address is....... adm@916421912.e.telefonica.net

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

hi, we are a family of 4 and will be in switzerland 10th to 17th aug 2013. we intend to do 2 days in interlaken.

we would like to do the boat cruises on the lake thun and lake brienz. could anyone pls inf us if the boat cruises are included in the swiss rail pass? also would like to have some suggestions/ideas as to how to do the cruise. do we get off at certain points to see the villages or waterfalls and the come back by another boat or by train. also my daughter would like to swim in the lake if possible. any possibilities of this? thanks a lot in advance. manoj

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

Yes the boats are included in the Swiss Pass. You can get on and off the boats at any of the stops to look around or to change to the train at one of the stops on the northern shore of Lake Brienze.

I don't think there are any bathing beaches on Lake Brienz. Remember the lake water was glacial ice just a few miles up the Lutchine River so it's quite cold. There are however a few swimming spots on Lake Thun.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

thank you very much mountaintopper,

really appreciate it.

and you are right, there are bathing areas in lake thun. it's in a place called goldswil and the area is "the

burgseeli natural lido". goldswil is about 10 mintues by bus from interlaken

Kent England
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

Hello, we are off to Wengen in a couple of days and would love to read your booklet of walks to see if there are any we haven't tried. Have you visited many times? It will be about our 8th visit and we never tire of the walks.

Thanks

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy Hikes from Wengen

See post #3 above for instructions on how to get me your email address so I can send it to you