We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Hi there, my partner and I will be driving from Menaggio to St Moritz in a few weeks time and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hike that we could stop and do somewhere along the way? Something with beautiful views taking 1-2 hours (3 max) would be perfect! Thanks.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Hi,

I am sure that Engadiner (fabulous Destination Expert always with a lot and detailed good advice) will come to your rescue, but when I was there I loved the Sentiero Panoramico (Panoramic Trail). You may have a look here>

bregaglia.ch/en/…panorama-trail

and here.

http://www.viabregaglia.com/ita/biz/

this last one is only in Italian but you can have a look at the map. The total trail is quite long, but you can do a shorter section of it.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Hi,

I have found the engtlish version>

http://www.viabregaglia.com/eng/route/00/

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Here www.valbregaglia.ch/en/activities/excursions you will find the best hikes in the area. You don't tell when this will be - a few weeks make a huge difference in transition season as spring/early summer is. At the moment, after extrem lots of snow the last winter, the higher areas are still snowcovered, partly also the hiking paths. This may change soon if finally temperatures will rise. At the moment it however is still rather cool with night temperatures around 0 Celsius, so if you plan say in two weeks, it will be different from what it will be in perhaps 4-5 weeks. Then in case you choose a hike involving a cablecar, make sure it is in service the time of your visit, as some are in their maintenance closure at the moment.

If you plan to be in the Engadin St. Moritz area, make sure to book the summer "mountain cablecars included" special …stmoritz.ch/sommer/en/bergbahnen-inclusive/ - best the one with the local publictransport included or even better the Val Bregaglia/Soglio excursion included - with two or more nights stay, this would enable you to start in one point and end your hike in another all within your complimentary pass.

The Via Bregaglia or at least part of it is very scenic in spring/early summer, just in case you start sometime soon, make sure it is throughout groomed, as there may have some damages from the haevy snow which are still to repair. I usually start doing it mid June, but prefer autumn, as there are delicious mushrooms to be found along the way then.

Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Thank you for the replies. We will be arriving in about two weeks so hopefully some of the snow will have melted by then!

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

I hope it does - we really have had enough winter by now. But there is something to do anytime and hikes of 1-2 hrs are here in abundance. Check weather forecast on www.engadin.stmoritz.ch - there is a detailed forecast option for the different areas as even if the region is not very extended, weather can be very different from one place to the other.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

Weather forecast now is that summer should arrive next weekend finally with warmer temperatures. So you might be lucky and see the alpine flora in the mountain. It has already started in lower areas with Gentianas and wildflowers everywhere and soon rhododendrons will start blooming.

7. Re: Can anyone recommend a scenic 1-2hr hike in the Soglio area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2015, 11:16