We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

I plan to ride on the Glacier Express in December. Will want to experience the full route from St Moritz to Zermatt. Last Italian city to vist is Venice. Am also visiting Innsbruck, Salzburg & possibly Vienna in Austria. Where should I come from to arrive in St Moritz, given my itinerary? Don't wish to take the train to the same place twice.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

Hi moonsafarian,

The axis would be -

Vienna - Salzburg - Innsbruck - St.Moritz - Zermatt

It's about a 5-hour train journey - Innsbruck to St.Moritz

Have fun,

arvind

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

Hi moonsafarian,

You can look up the train schedules quickly and easily at the Swiss rail site at

www.rail.ch

It's in English. Just be sure to use the European format for the date, day.month.year (sorry, I don't know how you do the dates in Singapore!).

Have fun!

s

los angeles
Level Contributor
240 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

I just got back from this trip. I'm not clear if you're going to be in Venice before or after Austria?

Anyway, we did Venice to Tirano on TrenItalia (via Milan), then took the Bernina Express to St. Moritz (2 nights there), then the Glacier Express to Zermatt (with an overnight in Andermatt to break up the 8 hour train ride).

My favorite of all of the above was the Bernina Exp. from Tirano to St. Moritz.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Getting to St. Moritz from Innsbruck/Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 09:05