We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to buy the 1 month Swiss Half Fare Pass at either the St Moritz train station in Switzerland or the Munich hbf in Germany?

I've checked the web but couldn't find a confirmation for either.

We plan to travel from Munich to St Mortiz so would be great if I can buy in either of these locations.

Thanks in advance

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,041 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

Hi there,

Moritz for sure. Munich I doubt, general guideline is that Swiss Travel Systems passes can't be bought abroad with the exception of Austrian rail stations...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

While you of course can buy the pass at St. Moritz train station (every manned train station in Switzerland actually) I would suggest to buy it before coming to St. Moritz however, as also the train ride to get here would qualify if you had it before arriving. So buy it at the first Swiss station you get to and profit from the half fare.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

Thanks for the answers ErikdR and Engadiner. I could only find that they were definitely sold at the major stations (Zurich,Geneva etc) so great you have confirmed they'll be available in St Moritz.

Engadiner, I was looking at the booking process via the  www.sbb.ch link you provided in my other post and the only Half Fare option I can see to add in the reduction section is for a "Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3 year". That's a different thing to the tourist 1 month Half Fare pass isn't it? Or am I mistaken?

If I select this it drops the refundable ticket price down significantly.

Thanks again for the help people. Much appreciated :)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,041 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

Well the _card_ is of course different, but the _mathematical effect_ is the same. Half fare as the name says.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

You can buy the half fare card from many travel agencies outside of Switzerland including the rail system travel agencies but knowing which offices, etc. might be tricky.

6. Re: Purchase Swiss Half Fare Pass at St Moritz train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:17