We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

Which Locarno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

I did use the search function for this, but got no results. By the time I get to Locarno, I will have been underway over a week and I am going to need to do some laundry. Last time I was in Switzerland, in Zurich actually, I managed to find one, but a couple of weeks later in Luzern/Lucerne, no such animal. But there was a laundry where I was able to drop off my dirties and come back later for them. Any such places exist in Locarno...self-service or otherwise?

I will be staying in what I assume is a lower-end hotel in Locarno, but I can change that, and I might have to, if I can't get my clothes washed. I searched for a Vacation Rental in Locarno that might have a washing machine, but no luck.

I speak Italian, so if it is a matter of being able to ask my way around, I can do that.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,064 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

Try Kummli-Binssaca

via Giuseppi Motta 7

Minuisio

091 743 3461

They are listed as having "Lavandaria ad acqua" so this might work..

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

We are going Luzern and would like to have our clothes laundered there. Do you remember where the place was your dropped you clothes off in Luzern?

Thanks so much!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

Quite a while ago. We stayed at the Alpha Hotel which is on Zaehringerstrasse 24. The laundramat was nearby and might have been on the same street, just a block or so away, or it was just around the corner and up a bit. Someone at the front desk of the Alpha Hotel suggest it. But I have no names, no street names, other than the one where the hotel is located. It was not a self-service laundramat, which was what I really wanted. We had to drop our clothes off there, leave them to be washed, dried, and folded, then we returned to pick them up. Possibly the same day. I am sorry to be so vague. You would probably do better to ask wherever you are staying. If it is not a lower-end place, they might be not be very helpful as they will want you to use their service. Either way, it is expensive.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

Thanks John.....this was very helpful, I'm sure I can find it by asking at the Alpha Hotel. Yes I'm sure our hotel would want us to pay $10.00 to have 1 shirt laundered!

5. Re: Self Service Laundry in Locarno...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16