We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency and weather for Lugano

Which Lugano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Currency and weather for Lugano

I will be travelling to Lugano with my husband and daughters (aged 7 and 3) from the 15th-21st August 2005. Which currency should I use Swiss Franks or Euros? and also what kind of weather should I expect? We will be staying at the Hotel Victoria au Lac. Has anyone had any experience with this hotel? Our tour includes Lucerne, Mt Titlis, Lago Maggiore, Luino and even a day at Gardaland for the kids. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer my questions!! :-)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency and weather for Lugano

Of course, as Lugano is in Switzerland, you will need Francs. Some places will accept Euro, but don't rely on that. The weather will be probably warmer and sunnier than on the north side of the Alps, probably a bit more humid too, occasional rainstorms are possible. The kids will probably enjoy Swissminiature, or just swimming in the lake. But the latter can be done in Lago di Garda or Lago Maggiore as well. Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstättersee) has also a lot of guarded beaches, if it is too hot for your daughters to go sightseeing, but it tends to be cooler...

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency and weather for Lugano

For the weather have a look at

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency and weather for Lugano

Thanks you very much for your replies.