We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

Hello,

I would like to plan a long ski weekend to Zermatt (Going on Friday and Leaving on Monday) over Easter weekend. All lodging is only Saturday to Saturday. I really have my heart set on going - this is the second year in a row that I tried.

Any tips on how to get around the Saturday to Saturday booking problem?

How about showing up last minute - will places be available?

Thanks!

TravelWise (or not so Wise in this case)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

Hi, it's not going to happen unless you want to take a chance and show up without a room - maybe there will be a cancellation. I think most hotels have folks on waiting lists so you are unlikely to get anything even with cancellations. You might try the hotels in Tasch - it's only ten minutes from Zermatt by train.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

There is an interactive sign at the train station showing all last minute hotel vacancies, with direct phone service to the hotels. Good luck!

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

Thanks! So sad - another year when I can take a full week will probably be when I go.

Ciao.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

I'd go for it ! Have you tried the Seiler Hotel Group ? or the tourist office for help. I would virtually guarantee you would find a spot for the weekend. If not, the earlier suggestion of Tasch is a good one.

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

I did try the turist office - multiple times and for multiple numbers of people hoping that I could get even a large chalet for 10 people and just round up friends. But no luck. Maybe I will email them at the last minute. I live in the North of Italy and can drive to Switzerland at late notice. But I am such a planner, so it is hard not to have something booked. Thanks for the encouragement!

Ciao.

Sydney
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

Try the Hotel Bellavista - great place to stay - they are quite flexible with dates.

7. Re: Tips on places to stay - not Saturday to Saturday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 10:21