We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

Goa Velha, India
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

Hi,

me and my husband will be travelling from india.we would like to visit switzerland for a week...we are planning zermatt..is a week suffiecient? or can we do something else with it?

also if anyone could suggest budget hotels/apartments in zermatt..

someone suggested alouette apartmnets..any idea how are they...

we are on a lil budget say around 1500 swiss franks( for stay and food) would this suffice...

thankyou so much in advance..

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,383 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

You do not need to start a new thread for the exact same information. Please look at the replies to your other thread as they will answer this thread as well.

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

Fruitgum -

We are staying at Le Petit Hotel in Zermatt. The cost is 140 CHF for a triple, including breakfast. It gets good reviews here on TA.

Website is www.hotel-zermatt.com

Goa Velha, India
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

kileys mom i found the need to start another thread only thats why i did so

i hope one atleast has a freedom of expression and u would be able toa ppreciate that!!

Goa Velha, India
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

and they were not for the exact information!! why would i have two threads for the same information..!

my earlier thread was being followed by few ppl so i thought my new thread would bring notice to all

kindly let everyone behave and act with freedom as long as it is not really bothering u !!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,188 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

fruitgum28,

kileysmom was trying to be helpful.

You do have virtually the same requests scattered across about four or five different threads. It is difficult for us who answer -- because you may be getting the very same information from folks who don't know that the question has already been answered (which wastes our time . . . never nice to discover). Also, if we know what information has already been given, we can then give further, more specific information.

If you want more information -- or to highlight your old post -- just bring it to the top of the page by posting on it again.

It is really for your own benefit to keep all your threads in one place.

kileysmom is a regular and valued member of this community. We all expect to be treated with respect.

s

Goa Velha, India
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

thanks swandav..and i do respect u all here..very sorry if i hurt u

i too felt hurt with her message and probably if she had explained me the way u did i would get the point immediately.

i am not great at computers and not very savvy..probably u must have guessed that..

i am not here to waste your precious time..just felt bad the way the post was put ...thats it

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,188 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

Hi again,

I'm sorry to keep harping on this. But this bothers me.

First of all, I am sorry that you felt hurt by kileysmom's suggestions. But that post uses complete words and complete sentences, uses the word "please," and even suggests where to get the answers you seek. I see it really as a thoughtful and helpful post.

But your response, in contrast, uses "texting" language, spelling, and punctuation; in addition, you use a lot of exclamation points and aggressive phrasing. Of these posts, your response is more rude.

You don't owe ME an apology . . .

s

Goa Velha, India
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

hi swandav

as i said earlier too..that i am not computer savvy and i do not or may not know how to type in the most pleasant way...

i just felt bad and expressed my thoughts..in future i will refrain from it...

thanks again

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,383 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

Hi, I am sorry if you are offended by my post when it is just trying to help you to ge the information you need. We have many posts that we try to answer and when people post asking for the same information in many different threads, it makes it very difficult, if not impossible, for us to answer everyone. We are just volunteers who give our time to assist others to have a great holiday. It is helpful, by the way, if people do not use texting language here as there are different abbreviations, etc. and not all of us are familiar with every nationality's text "language." Additionally, I do not use contractions when I post for folks who do not speak English as their mother tongue often do not read contractions easily. For someone who does speak and read English fluently, it may sound harsh but that is not the intent. You might be interested to learn that I am an attorney and spent years defending people's rights to free speech. Nothing I said in any way prohibits your right to free speech - it simply gives you information about how to get the information you are so eager to get.

Let's get back to your problem and you do have a problem. Two hundred francs per day is not enough for a holiday in Switzerland unless you are prepared to stay primarily in hostels and not eat in restaurants. It is almost impossible to cover the costs of food and accomodation for two people on 200 Swiss francs per day and that allows you nothing for admission fees, etc. You really should consider staying places other than the big name resorts such as Zermatt and looking into getting a small flat so that you can prepare your own food. I assume you have a Swiss Rail pass so that all your transportation is covered. Therefore, you could pick somewhere centrally located and make day trips to the more famous spots although it will mean that you spend a lot of time on trains. It sounds as if you are fairly young so you have the energy to rise early, travel a couple of hours to a destination and then return late. You might look at somewhere like Brig or Visp or Thun as they are decently located for day trips into the mountains.

10. Re: where to stay in zermatt on a budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 06:28