We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new Petit Village area

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
new Petit Village area

I have been looking at chalets in the new Petit Village area. How easy is it to get to and from the Village? Is it a good area to stay in?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,861 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new Petit Village area

I haven't been to this area but it seems it is near the car park at the entrance to Zermatt and not far from the Sunnega lift and a 15 min walk to the station in the centre of Zermatt.

Nothing in Zermatt is really far from anywhere else. Most people walk everywhere. The only place I would think you would need a bus or taxi to would be the Winkelmattern lifts (to the Klein Matterhorn, Furi, Furgg and Schwarzsee) which are literally at the other end of town!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new Petit Village area

<near the car park at the entrance to Zermatt >

Not the nicest or most scenic part of Zermatt by a long way...

Edited: 15 September 2011, 17:03
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,861 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new Petit Village area

No - I agree. But in fact the "petit village" is above the car park, on the same side of the Mattervispa as the Sunnegabahn. AND you have to take a (private) funicular to get there... once you are there I think it is rather nice. But nonetheless a 15min walk from the station, and the Coop.

4. Re: new Petit Village area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 06:15