We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Switzerland

Which Zermatt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
706 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to Switzerland

I'm leaving Italy (Venice) on 1st Dec... Am thinking of going stratight to Zermatt for some ski activities and snow fun for kids... thereafter to Zurich...We have to catch flight back on 7th Dec

Where should we stay and how many nights each?

I was told Lucerne is good...

Should we take a train or flight?

Any advice would be great.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Switzerland

Train is the way to go although the trip from Venice to Zermatt will take a bit of time. You don't mention a price range for hotels or category (3, 4 or 5 star?) but there are many good choices in Zermatt. Check out the www.Zermatt.ch web site for hotels and rail schedules.

Singapore
Level Contributor
706 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Switzerland

We are a family of 5 and I guess between eur 200 to 250 a night?!

Shld we make half our week based in zermatt and half in Zurich?

It this too much?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,121 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Switzerland

200-250frs/night for 5 people is too low a budget for most hotels in Zermatt. Look at the Tourist Office website - www.zermatt.ch - and see what you can get. I haev heard many people speak well of "le Petit hotel" there which is not expensive... so look at that. Basically though I would think you would need two rooms and should budget at least 300frs/night per room for bed and breakfast.

Singapore
Level Contributor
706 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to Switzerland

Great yes m flexible with budget...

Will look at site n the hotel u mentioned

5. Re: Venice to Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:17