We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matterhorn glacier paradise.

Which Zermatt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Matterhorn glacier paradise.

Hello everybody.Will be in Zermatt in the 3rd week of oct.And i have absolutely no idea about the peaks there.Dont intend to do sking also.But just wanna see and experience how its like and enjoy the views too.Do i have to go all the way upto MGP or can i just halt at any of the intermediate stations en route?Also do the cable cars run continuously on the route or are the timings fixed ?

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

There will not really be any skiing but the Gonergrat is a real pleaser and lunch at Sunnega or Trockener Steg will be enjoyable. Go to the Glacier Paradise and be there to enjoy the views from the top of the world. Check the lift schedule on www.Zermatt.ch/en for times of operation. Also, dress warmly, temps at elevation are much cooler than in the village.

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

Thank you soxan .but iwill ii be able to make it to gonergrat if i go to mgp ?and what about trockener steg .is it enroute mgp ?w

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

You can do both in a day but I'd start by 9:00am. Trockener Steg is one stop (and change of lift) before the GP.

florida
Level Contributor
315 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

Soxfan, (love Boston)when you say "much cooler" than in the village, just how cool do you think we should be prepared to dress for? We are coming from Florida, and will be there last week of October.

Thank you,

Bondgirl

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

It could easily be 15 to 20 degrees cooler and you need to factor in the wind. The temps are posted on TV all morning in your hotel or just check the Internet.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

We were there last week and it was -4 degree C.. you can imagine what will happen in October...also soxfan is right about winds...you should have proper cloths...

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
114 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

We have just arrived in Zermatt, village temperatures during the day is jeans, scarve and a light long sleeve shirt, short sleeve if you like the cold. Definitely need to be in warmer ski gear if going up to ski.

8. Re: Matterhorn glacier paradise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:15