We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is enough for zermatt!!

Which Zermatt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
605 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How long is enough for zermatt!!

Hello,

How long we stay in zermatt!! is it easy to go to other places while staying in zermatt. We though of 2 weeks ,, i dont know if it sounds too long though. Please let us know other option is to stay in Davos and day visit Zermatt if that possible.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

Hi,

when is your trip? What do you enjoy doing on holiday?

If you love mountains, hiking or climbing, or, if your trip is in the winter, skiing, two weeks in Zermatt is great. If you really want a quiet holiday with beautiful scenery, two weeks is fine. Otherwise, you may not want to spend two weeks in Zermatt as it really isn't very practical to go anywhere else for day trips, etc. because Zermatt sits at the end of a long valley and getting anywhere else requires an hour's journey back to the main rail line or road if you're driving. To get from Zermatt to Davos, for example, takes a minimum of about 6 hours so it's possible but not practical to visit Davos from Zermatt as a day trip.

I would certainly allow at least 2, preferably 3, full days in Zermatt as weather can really make a difference! If it's cloudy , you miss the mighty Matterhorn that day! However, it's not often cloudy for three days and there is certainly enough to see and do to fill three days.

After a visit to Zermatt you could take the Glacier Express to Davos - it's a really beautiful train ride through the Alps.

The Swiss Tourism office's official English website is a great resource for planning travel

www.myswitzerland.com

You can get all the public transportation timetables on Swiss Rail's English pages

www.sbb.ch/en

This includes local trams, many of the lake ferries, etc. as the public transportation is integrated.

Hope this helps you to get started with your planning! Please reply here with anymore questions!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

how long do you have????? :)

Dubai
Level Contributor
605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

Hello,

We are planning to visit in Auguest. with children.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

Davos and Zermatt seem a good choice. I think that Davos gives a mountain pass to all guests in the summer, you would need to check if it's still done, this makes it good value and there's loads to explore.I

Zermatt isn't a day trip from Davos - it's a long trip, pretty much all day each way.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

If your children are old enough (not toddlers) there is a lot to do in Zermatt including a forest adventure park. You can find all the opportunities on the Zermatt website.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

My family and I have previously stayed in Zermatt in the summer and we've stayed for periods of four nights(3 days) and also seven nights(6 days). My own personal opinion is that whilst 3 days isn't quite enough, 6 days is probably too much and you're at risk of repeating yourself. 4 or possibly 5 days (5 or 6 nights) would probably be perfect.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

if skiing you need at least 5 days

8. Re: How long is enough for zermatt!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:18