We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

Hello all,

I will be reaching zermatt around 14:00 hrs in Mid june & next morning 8:52 need to catch glacier express with my wife.

I want to know what is the most pleasent way to see zermatt & get the best out of it during this half day ? Gornergrat bahn, glacier paradise , matterhorn etc are all beautiful & i know these beautiful places cant be justified in short time.

But please suggest how to spend half day in zermatt ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,731 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

Hi there,

You MUST get up to see the mountain. Choose Gornergrat, Sunegga/Rothorn or Glacier Paradise and enjoy the vistas and maybe a short walk out there. One of these mountain places does not take more than 2-3 hours hence perfectly justified for your afternoon.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,731 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

And some more details, just scroll down half a page in the forum list...

tripadvisor.com/…58017220

Have fun,

E+S

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

Dani,

Consider alternate plans? You are taking an expensive risk coming to Zermatt for an afternoon. I would recommend you check the weather that morning, before you come. The weather can change rapidly in the alps! You could ride all that way, spend the train fare and precious time traveling...and in the end see absolutely nothing, except a walk through town. I have been in Zermatt for as long as a week with no view of the Matterhorn. So consider coming for a longer period of time, or do check the Weatherforecast the morning you are coming!

4. Re: How to spend Half day in Zermatt ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16