We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time for Chillon Castle?

Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time for Chillon Castle?

I will be arriving at Luasanne at 2.15pm and then check into the hotel. Would I have sufficient time to visit Chillon Castle? I know there's a 3.15pm train towards the castle but would I be able to make it considering I may need to grab a bite.

Also I need the best direction to reach the castle, which station do I get off to take the bus No. 1?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,163 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time for Chillon Castle?

Hi Jericho7,

There are a few ways to get to Chillon. I would advise you to walk from Montreux to Chillon, about 45 minutes, along the very pretty lakeside promenade (one of the best things about Montreux, imo).

There's a train at 15.01 (I don't see a train at 15.15 . . .but I do see one at 15.20). If you caught the train at 15.01, you would arrive at Montreux at 15.31. Then the 45-minute-walk would get you to Chillon at about 16.15 or 16.30. That would leave you more than two hours to explore the castle before it closes (19.00).

If you can't make the 15.01 train, there is another one at 15.20, 15.34, and 15.45.

Then you could take the bus (numbers have changed; it's now bus #201) back to Montreux. Or, you could take the lake ferry from Chillon all the way back to Lausanne, which would be a very nice trip.

You can see the train schedules at

www.rail.ch

and the ferry schedules are at

www.cgn.ch

Have fun as you plan!

s

Edited: 30 July 2012, 07:36
Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time for Chillon Castle?

Thank you for you advice. :)

3. Re: Enough time for Chillon Castle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 10:16