We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Zurich Airport to Lausanne by train

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How to travel from Zurich Airport to Lausanne by train

My family and I will be landing in Zurich around 4PM and will need to head straight to Lausanne by train. How is that done? Do I need to take a local train from the airport to Zurich's main railway station and then take a train to Lausanne? We will have railway passes with us. Are those good for both trains? Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,060 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Zurich Airport to Lausanne by train

Hi, you can get all the timetables for trains from Zurich Airport to Lausanne on the Swiss Rail website in English

www.sbb.ch/en

It will take you about an hour from plane to train and there are two trains just after 5PM that are direct (no changes). Be sure, though, that if you need to have your passes validated, that you do so before you get on the train and add about 15 minutes for doing this in case there's a line. Rail passes should be good for all main line trains in Switzerland - Swiss passes definitely will be.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: How to travel from Zurich Airport to Lausanne by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 07:16