We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains... Help me out!

Which Lausanne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Spring
Level Contributor
34 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Trains... Help me out!

I am looking for some answers. We are staying in Lausanne and I am taking my girlfriend. We are trying to do a day trip to Montreaux to see the Chateau de Chillon and then come back through Vevey to see the Lavaux Vineyards. DO I need to buy a train ticket in advance? What kind of pass would I get? Do they have all day passes?

Second thing.. Is this possible to do both of these cities in one day? We would leave around 11am and we would have dinner in Vevey unless you recommend doing Vevey before Montreaux?

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains... Help me out!

You can buy a nine zone Mobilis day ticket to Chillion and then use it to explore within that area.

sbb.ch/en/…vaud-mobilis-fare-network.html

http://www.mobilis-vaud.ch/index.php/tarifs

Vevey and Montreaux are close it is possible to walk along the lake path connecting the two towns.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains... Help me out!

I'm glad you got a reply - a please would have made your request so much more palatable.

3. Re: Trains... Help me out!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 07:15