We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate train reservation

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate train reservation

We wish to take the chocolate train in the first week of may 2011 but I cannot find links for the reservation. We already have a swiss pass and i dont know where to go to reserve our seats by paying the supplement.

the link to the reservation site will be very much appreciated.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Hi vs_hi,

Here's a link to the reservations page:

http://212.41.212.26:7777/pls/apex/f?p=141:1:1517607242364144::NO:::

(It looks a mess, but it works. Just copy it then paste it)

In May, the train will only be running on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday. However, if you will be in Montreux not on those days, you can easily do the parts yourself.

Have fun!

s

Edited: 25 February 2011, 17:48
Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate train reservation

thank you

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Happy to help! Have a good time!

s

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate train reservation

I was just going through the chocolate factory website and come across Atelier 1,2,3,4 for learing the receipes of choclate making. Do you know what to expect there and is it ok for people without any knowledge of chocolate making.

Also the published schedule is upto 30th April only. Is there any schedule for May also or does it end in April

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Hi again,

I haven't done the tour myself, though others on this forum have. Hopefully someone will be posting soon to let you know what to expect during the tour.

As I posted above, the Chocolate Train runs on three days of the week during May, so I would think that the factory will be open, at least on those days. If you want to do it on your own, then you may want to e-mail the factory to make certain that it will be open. The e-mail address is right on the factory's website!

Have fun!

s

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Hi again --

To get the operating schedule of the Chocolate Train, go to this site:

www.goldenpass.ch/CMS/default.asp?ID=414

Just under the picture of the train, in yellow letters, you'll see "Booking/Video/Brochure/Price . . ." Click on "Brochure," and you'll get a two-page brochure on pdf . The schedule of the trains is on page one in various languages.

s

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chocolate train reservation

I believe the chocolate factory is open for tours every day of the year except Christmas day (25th December) and New Year's Day (1st January). I have only done the normal tour, so cannot comment on the Atelier du Chocolat tours - I would imagine that they would be fine for beginners, otherwise they would specify that it's for professionals only. However, what I can tell you is that when I once emailed the factory to ask a very very specific question, they got back to me promptly and helpfully. If no-one here knows, do email them and see what they say. If you want to do one of these tours, you might be better to make your way to the factory by yourself on normal public transport, rather than taking the chocolate train, as the timings might not fit with the overall chocolate train tour. Will you be coming from Montreux or elsewhere?

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Thank you very much all for the replies. Very much useful and appreciated

Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Hello, I have the same problem. I have bought Swiss 1st class pass and am trying to reserve a seat on chocolate train. The link posted does not give me reservations stating as not available for any date I enter. I heard that it goes every day in July. How can I make a reservation for seat? Any help will be appreciated.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chocolate train reservation

Hi travellier_20,

I suggest that you keep trying (and use the bad-looking link I posted at response #1). I just tried using that link, and I had no problems with a reservation for 11 July or 20 July.

It may be that the site was temporarily down when you tried --

Good luck!

s