We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent

Hi urgently need to know that how is the drive from montreux to gstaad ... Is it safe and how much time it will take ?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent

Rucheez your heading would attract more answers if you headed it something like "Information needed of Driving Montreux to Gstaad." Rather than Urgent.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent

If it's urgent, you'd do better to type montreux to gstaad into google or viamichelin. That would give you the answer immediately. Say 1hr 15.

The road is safe - safety is really about the driver, not the Swiss road. It's not exceptional terrain (and I am coming from long memory). But like all mountain roads in Switzerland, you need to feel confident with the driving.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent

... and definitely take care of this issues: http://wikitravel.org/en/Switzerland#By_car_2 !!

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent

Maja S - surprised you linked something saying "Driving is the best way to see a wonderful country with outstanding roads." Yikes!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent

JT14, well these are not my words, and not my values, of course, but if you really must drive, then seriously take care about us Swiss on the same roads, at least! ;-))

Just recently, when I was in a Swiss PostAuto bus driving upwards a pass road with those many hairpin curves, we met one of those driving tourist who did obviously not take care beforehand how to behave on Swiss roads. Of course, the PostAuto driver always played the distinctive three tone horn when approaching every bend. Nevertheless, the car coming down the road dully ignored it and instead of dutifully stopping before the hairpin curve he/she kept driving and almost crashed into the bus. I am sure he/she learned the leasson the hard way ... hopefully!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,475 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent

There are not many hairpins between Montreux and Gstaad - a couple on the way up from Aigle and a few on each of the Col des Mosses or the Pillon. But really nothing to write home about.

Best route is A9 autoroute from Montreux to Aigle, then Col du Pillon over to Gsteig and bingo! you are in Gstaad.

Maja - I don't think you need concern yourself about JT14's driving in CH. He has lived here for many years and he knows what he is doing!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent

I am sure that JT14 knows very well how to drive in Switzerland, I do not doubt this at all.

JT14 showed just too often how knowledgable he is about Switzerland, but above all, he often showed how sensitive he handles issues.

In fact, I did not want to address JT14 with my sentence, but I did, since I used the personal pronoum "you" instead of "one", since I wanted to address nobody sepcfic. My fault, indeed.

Prangins...
Level Contributor
2 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent

take the train.. is beautifull ride... and the easyest..

9. Re: Urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 07:20