We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxury accommodation in Zurich

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
luxury accommodation in Zurich

Hi all would appreciate some thoughts. A splurge in Zurich - Park Hyatt, Ambassador a L'Opera or Baur au Lac or Savoy Baur en Ville? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,081 Reviews
from US$169.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,098 Reviews
from US$260.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
391 Reviews
from US$260.50*
9 replies to this topic
paris london
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

It depends on your preferences.Each of those hotels is designed to appeal to a slightly different type of customer. As a general guideline, the Baur au Lac is generally considered the most luxurious on your list, and the Ambassador à l’Opéra is not really a luxury hotel, though very nice - reflected in the comparative prices.

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
507 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

The Baur au Lac and Dolder Grand would be commonly considered to be the better hotels in Zurich. My personal preference would be for the Eden au Lac, but it's currently closed for refurbishment.

I'd also take a look at Hotel Storchen and Hotel Widder. I love the location and atmosphere of the Storchen, and it's a reknowned meeting point.

Level Contributor
1,466 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

I love the Baur au Lac. If you go when the weather is nice they have a wonderful garden. The Dolder would be my second choice Only because it is a bit away from the center of town.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

It is really difficult. I have stayed at the Storchen, Dolder and Park Hyatt, and visited the Baur au Lac and Widder. They are all so different - the point about appealing to different situations and clientele is absolutely right.

I think the Dolder combines luxury, modernity and location very well - as long as you don’t mind being away from the City.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

Thank you everyone

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

Hi is the Park Hyatt good also?

thanks

Level Contributor
1,466 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

Yes it is. But for me too modern. I prefer a classic hotel such as the Baur au Lac

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

ok thank you

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: luxury accommodation in Zurich

Park Hyatt is very good. But it could be anywhere. Feels a bit like an office building.

Reply to: luxury accommodation in Zurich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted