We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

type of ticket/travel pass

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Topic
type of ticket/travel pass

Hello,

We intend to visit and stay in Zurich for eight days. We would also like to visit some other places(I've heard for Lucerne, Berne,Interlakken,Rhine Falls). What type of ticket should we buy? We are a couple and I think that the Swiss travel Pass would be the best for us. Do you have any other suggestions for one-day excursions? It's our first time in Zurich and your comments would be very helpful.Thank you!

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,078 Reviews
from US$168.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,097 Reviews
from US$258.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
389 Reviews
from US$258.00*
4 replies to this topic
Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: type of ticket/travel pass

You don't necessarily need a rail pass at all, only if you plan to do a fair number of day trips from Zurich. If you've never been to Switzerland before and you have 8 days in Zurich, then I would recommend Lucerne and Bern as day trips for sure. Interlaken could also be done but it would be a long day.

A Swiss Pass would cover all those trips as well as transportation within Zurich, but it's an expensive option. It's probably cheaper to buy your tickets as you go without a pass. If any pass is going to be economically feasible, it will likely be the Half-Fare Card.

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: type of ticket/travel pass

thank you for the information!i was wondering, does it worth it for a one-day trip to Lauterbrunner?

canada
Level Contributor
8,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: type of ticket/travel pass

Check the transport costs on www.sbb.ch , beware that the default answer is for people with Half Fare Cards. Click [buy] to choose the regular fare. You must read all your itinerary and therefore transport requirements, do the math to decide if any Pass is suitable for you. The itinerary should include all your mountain excursions as those are the most expensive, and where the proper Pass will help a lot.

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: type of ticket/travel pass

thank you very much for the info!i hope that the stuff at tourist information(zurich main train station) will also help me!

Reply to: type of ticket/travel pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted