We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
269 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

i plan to go to zurich in may and looking for the best hotel to stay in zurich...

also want to know which one is the newest?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

What level of hotel are you wanting? 1*, 2*, 3*, 4* - what is your price range? Do you want to be in the central area or do you mind being a little out of the central area? Most of the hotels in the central area are older buildings but many have been refurbished inside to be very modern and nice. Do you want a pool, spa, other amenities?

Have you looked at the hotels on the Zurich forum? Which ones appeal to you?

Give us a bit more information and we can give you better advice.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
269 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

i would prefer a 5 star hotel near the shopping area of the city...

also i would like to know what is the newest 5 star hotel in zurich?

thanks,

switzerland
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

How about Widder Hotel on Rennweg? It is a street up of Bahnhofstrasse. Plenty of shops and restaurants there. My boss from the states stayed there for over 9 months and he was happy with it. But don't know if it is the "best" as I don't know what your defnition is.

switzerland
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

Or the Park Hyatt - also very well located. It is a very nice hotel and the staff is very good. I've never stayed there myself but I go there for drinks quite often.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

As mentionned Hotels Widder and Park Hyatt are good 5stars in city centre. While Hotel Widder consists of several old town houses, combined with modern architecture, the Hyatt is all modern and only about 2 years old. Another one which is regarded as No. 1 downtown is the Baur au Lac, a rather traditional hotel.

Brand new and with the goal to be one of the finest hotels worldwide: The Dolder Grand. I've seen it from the inside and it's indeed very impressing, with a gorgeous spa and amazing views over town and lake. But it's quite a way from the city centre (20-30 min. py public transportation).

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

The Widder was featured on a travel show here in the US and it looks lovely.

7. Re: what's the best hotel to stay in zurich for 3 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:19