We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How easy/difficult is it to get from Zurich to Thun

Arizona
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How easy/difficult is it to get from Zurich to Thun

and Interlaken? We will be staying with friends in Zurich in July, and will be taking many day trips (Luzern, Rapperswill, etc.). I would love to go to back to Thun and Interlaken, which I visited about 20 years when I was in college. Is it something that is easy to do (train) or will we need a car? Can one or the other be done in a day trip, or would we have to stay overnight?

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How easy/difficult is it to get from Zurich to Thun

Don't worry, I don't know if there is a country with a better public transport than Switzerland. I don't have a car and I do travel a lot in Switzerland. There are hourly direct trains from Zurich to Thun.

Thun is easy to visit as a day trip. A mountain place near Interlaken (for example the Jungfraujoch) is possible, but a very long day trip.

For timetables of trains and other means of transport go to www.sbb.ch/en As you are planning many longer day trips, a Swiss Pass could be a very good deal for you see www.swisstravelsystem.ch

2. Re: How easy/difficult is it to get from Zurich to Thun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 20:15