We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport - advise - help

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kuwait
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transport - advise - help

Hi

in july im thinking to visit zurich with my wife and 3 kids 10,8,5.

we are thinking to spent 2 days .

first day i will discover zurich old city and make windows shopping .

second day maybe visit alpamare and kinder zoo

could i get help to knew

1- is my program ok ,

2- if i decided to change the second day program to chocolate train how much it will cost ?

3- i will arrive on 21:00 (night flight )do i take bus or train when is train office who sell offer cards is closed ?also hotel offer me 50 chf t

4- what is perfect rail card or zurich card i have to buy i get bored reading( for both program alpamare and kinder zoo for second day or chocolate train ) , I need direct advise on this plz ?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport - advise - help

Hi BoSaleh,

I think you have a very nice plan that will be relaxing and fun for your family!

I don't think it would be a good idea to do the Chocolate Train while based in Zürich. First, you would have to get to Montreux by 09.00 (when the train departs), then you would do the trip (which takes all day), then you would have to return to Zürich. The trip from Zürich to Montreux takes about three hours, so you would have to leave at around 06.00. I think your plan is fine as it is, and there are plenty of small chocolate stores around Zürich where you can sample all kinds and have a lot of fun.

If you do want an alternative for your day 2, you could consider spending the day in Luzern, which is only an hour from Zürich. At Luzern, you can ascend one of the nearby mountains or take a ferry ride on the lake -- all should be really a lot of fun for your kids. More information at

www.luzern.org

You can check the train schedule between the airport and downtown easily at the Swiss rail site,

www.rail.ch

You can buy tickets at a ticket machine -- but I bet there will still be some ticket windows open. If you buy a family pass, your three children will travel for free. Sorry, I don't know anything about the passes specific for the city of Zürich.

Have fun!

s

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
778 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport - advise - help

Whilst in Zurich last year - for one day, flight delays - we bought a pass specific for Zurich from the SBB ticket office in the airport. It covered the local rail network (from airport to Zurich HB, from there we went up the Uitleberg mountain, O.K. "hill"). Covered also the Zurich tram system and a "round trip" sightseeing tour on the lake.

Think it cost Chf 17 each and it seemed like a bargain given all the trips we squashed into one day!

3. Re: transport - advise - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 19:17