We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

canary islands
6 posts
Save Topic
Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

Looking to take my family (wife + sons 5 + 7) skiing, 28th Dec 08. They have been skiing before but still really very much beginers. Any ideas please?

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

From Zurich I could suggest Flumserberg if it's only for a day. It's easily reachable by train (1 hour until Unterterzen, then gondola) and offers a good variety of ski runs of every level. They also offer ski lessons for beginners. Check www.flumserberg.ch for the destination and www.rail.ch for the schedule.

canary islands
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

hi, thanks for this. We have 7 days and would like a hotel with a pool for the kids and good food, close to the gondala also if poss. A lot to ask I know but anything to help with young guns.... thanks again.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

You are very late to book a hotel. There are many great resorts with many lifts and good hotels, nearly all snow sure ones are ether in the valais www.valais.ch or the Grison www.graubuenden.ch

Some example of good resorts for families with small kids are www.arosa.ch www.saasfee.ch www.bettmeralp.ch

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

Oops - I thought you are looking for a daytrip from Zurich to ski! If you like to stay in the mountains for a week from Dec 28th the situation is of course different. You wouldn't be limited to the very close ski areas. From Zurich you can reach about any ski resort in max. 3 to 4 hours. But on the other hand it's true - you are very late and most hotels are already sold out for this peak period. So your choice will be limited and I doubt wether you will find a hotel which fulfills all your needs. But check www.myswitzerland.com for an overview of what's available.

canary islands
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

Many thanks for your help here, A1!

Any ideas around Munich/Austria (around 1 hour from aport.) Kids are the priority for us, we have to fly from Canary Islands so not easy. thanks again.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

ask in the Austrian or Bavarian forum

7. Re: Family skiing near Zurich OR Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:18