We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Zurich to St Anton

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Train Zurich to St Anton

Hello,

I'll be arriving at Zurich at 12:35 pm and wanting to catch the train to St. Anton. I believe that train leaves Zurich at 14:37. Is this enough time to catch it.

Once we arrive I know there is a train right below the airport, but is this the right place to catch this train? If not where do we go?

Thanks for the help

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,231 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Zurich to St Anton

Hi donnakaa,

You can get the exact schedules for your trip at the Swiss rail site

www.rail.ch

Just use your departure station as "Zurich airport," and it will give you exact information.

I would aim for a train that leaves the airport at 14.00. It won't take long getting through customs & immigration, but of course you never know if your flight will arrive late.

I always have a copy of the scheudle with me, and I also have schedules for earlier or later trains -- just in case!

Have fun!

s

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Zurich to St Anton

As far as I know the trains to St Anton do not run through the Zurich airport station - they arrive and leave from the main station in town so you are going to have to change trains at Zurich Hauptbahnhof.

Your flight arrives at 12.35 and you should (all things being equal and if the flight is on time) be out of Customs and on your way to the airport station at 13.15. This gives you plenty of time to catch the next train into Zurich and change trains there for your train to Austria. Zurich station is big, but not that big and 10 minutes between your arrival there and getting to your new train is more than enough, even with luggage.

Walk to the end of platform on arrival (following the crowd). Once you exit there is a huge indicator board that gives information about the long distance trains and their platforms. Then go to the one indicated. OR you can look on your arrival platform for a yellow poster that is headed "Abfahrt". Look under 1400-1500 and you will see your train listed with platform.

3. Re: Train Zurich to St Anton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 06:17