We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

May I have your advice as to take what tram or train from the Airport to the Seidenhof Hotel with minimum walking distance from the train station to the hotel? Thanks Theresa

Edited: 18 March 2011, 09:23
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Full-Day Sightseeing...
1,041 Reviews
from US$166.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Tour: Jungfraujoch and...
359 Reviews
from US$256.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,048 Reviews
from US$256.10*
Swiss Alps, Heidiland, Liechtenstein...
877 Reviews
from US$90.20*
Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

There are good indications on the hotel website:

www.seidenhof.ch/en/anreise.asp

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
251 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

Both is possible:

Tram: Take the line no. 10 or 12 until station Glattpark (6th stopp). There you gone take no. 11 (cross the street to the left) and leave the tram at Rennweg (approx. 26 min.) From there you walk to the hotel in 2 minutes. This is the way with the shortest walking distance, but it takes you 40 minutes.

Train: From the airport there is every 10 minutes a train to Zurich main station. Driving time is about 10 minutes. There you can walk to the hotel (about 15 minutes) or you take the tram for one station. The tram station is on the right hand side of the railwaystation. The walking distance depense which track you will arrive between 3 - 7 minutes. Above all you will have a journey from the airport to the hotel for about 25 minutes.

Personally I would take the train.

stadt-zuerich.ch/content/…20ZH.pdf

Buy a Zurich Card which is valid for the public transport and a lot of museums: http://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/vbz/en/index.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

I'm afraid that it would be quite troublesome for me and my husband to carry 2 big luggages if we need to walk for about 15 mins to the hotel.

We are considering to stay in Hotel Continental Zurich . Can you give dvice on the train/tram line from airport to the hotel? Thanks.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

I think you didn't read properly the information we gave you: From the train station you either walk 10-15 min. to the hotel OR you take the tram. From the tram stop it's only a few steps.

Hotel Continental would be about the same case: Either tram no. 11 or 14 for one stop and very short walk OR walk 10 min. from the station.

If you don't want to walk at all you could of course also take a cab from the station or even from the airport (but this would cost quite a lot).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

Thanks for your great advice. I will consider taking tram.

Best Regards.

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

Just check out the website www.sbb.ch . There, you can find schedules, travel times etc by yourself.

7. Re: Tram/Train from Zurich Airport to Seidenhof Hotel in City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 20:19