We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

storing luggage in zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MO
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
storing luggage in zurich

i will be landing in Zurich and taking a train to Luzern. If i want to spend a few hours in the town of Zurich before heading to Luzern where wold I store my luggage? Do i just buy a ticket to Zurich from the airport then a ticket from downtown Zurich to Luzern? Would I store my luggage in the train station when I arrive at the town center? How much would a ticket be to the town of Zurich and to store our luggage? Thanks

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: storing luggage in zurich

You can store your luggage at Zurich HB station. This link will give you details including cost.

mct.sbb.ch/mct/…

You buy a ticket from Zurich Airport to Lucerne. With this you can spend time in Zurich and catch a later train to Lucerne. The second class one way fare from Zurich Airport to Lucerne is 27 CHF.

MO
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: storing luggage in zurich

Won't I have to take a bus or train to get into the heart of Zurich from the airport or will I already be within walking distance of the major sites? Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: storing luggage in zurich

You need to take the train from the airport to Zurich Hapubahnhof (main station) the luggage lockers there are one level below the platforms have coins available they are coin operated then you have a choice either go down again to the shopping level and walk through the pedestrian walks to the Bahnhofstrasse exit, it is signposted and you are in the heart of the city . Walk down the Bahnhofstrasse as far as the alke and walk across the bridge to the old town and back along the river to station or take a lake cruise as you wish

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: storing luggage in zurich

You take the train from Zurich Airport to Zurich HB. The station is under the airport and the journey takes 10 to 14 minutes.

MO
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: storing luggage in zurich

OK sounds good thank you.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: storing luggage in zurich

Hi, you can print the train timetables for Zurich airport to Zurich HB (hauptbahnhof or main train station) and from the HB to Luzern in English on the Swiss Rail website

www.sbb.ch/en

Most if not all trains from the airport to Luzern go through the HB on the route to Luzern. All you do is get off at the HB, take your walking tour, then get back on a train to Luzern. Not at all complicated or difficult. The one ticket will be good on both trains.

The lockers in the Zurich station are on the level below the street level and the escalator down to the lockers is by the ticket office.

Germantown...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: storing luggage in zurich

We saw your message, We want to store our baggage for 3 days, is there any place to do that

Germantown...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: storing luggage in zurich

We will be arriving on train in Zurick on July 15th , Then we want to rent a Harley and go to touring the alps for a few days. is there anywhere we can store our luggage in Zurich

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: storing luggage in zurich

Hi, there is a luggage storage at the Hauptbahnhof (HB abbreviation - main station) in Zurich. The link is above in the first post.

10. Re: storing luggage in zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 00:17