We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich HB Station

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Zurich HB Station

I am getting a TGV from France. My ticket shows Zurich HB station. My TGV train doesnt stop at Zurich Hauptbahnhof Station.

Can I use the same TGV ticket and get a train back to Zurich Hauptbahnhof station? Or do I have to get out at Zurich HB and get another ticket to Hauptbahnhof?

Also, I will be at zurich arriving at 3pm and leaving zurich at 12pm next day. What kind of travel/transport pass should I get? I am staying at a hotel.

:et me know.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich HB Station

Hello Spark , HB is the usual abbreviation for the Hauptbahnhof, so don't worry

I think your hotel will give you a pass for the Zurich transport system, if not I would ask at the tourist office about the validity of a day pass

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich HB Station

Correction I want to get off at "Zürich Hardbrücke, Station" not Zurich Hauptbahnhof Station.

If I have a TGV ticket to Zurich Hauptbahnhof Station - can I get off at Zürich Hardbrücke, Station instead? The train doesnt stop at Zürich Hardbrücke, Station, so I will need to get antoher train to get there.

Let me know.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zurich HB Station

>If I have a TGV ticket to Zurich Hauptbahnhof Station - can I get off at Zürich Hardbrücke, Station instead?

Obviously if the train doesn't stop there, then you can't get off there. But your ticket is to HB. If you need to travel onwards you need to buy a new ticket. I assume that the additional 2,40 SFr won't break your budget.

>The train doesnt stop at Zürich Hardbrücke, Station, so I will need to get antoher train to get there.

Then you take a train from Zürich HB to Hardbrücke, it's just 3-4 min by S-Bahn. S-Bahn trains to Hardbrücke and further depart from the basement under the northern wing of the HB (tracks 21-24 AFAIK) every couple of minutes.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zurich HB Station

Altamiro is correct - you need a new ticket for backtracking to Zurich Hardbrücke. It's CHF 2.60 to be precise, but I suggest buy a return ticket for the double price, which is valid as a 24 hours pass on any means of transportation within Zurich. I guess you will use some trams, busses or trains during your stay in Zurich, so this would be a good deal for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zurich HB Station

Thanks. I was wondeing what is the best travel ticket or pass to obtain for Zurich? I will be in zurich on sunday 2pm to monday 1pm (less than 24 hours) and will be staying near Zurich Hardbrücke.

Please recommend what is the best travel ticket or pass to obtain?

Interlaken, Geneva - I understand that the hotel provides a free travel pass for the stay? Is this correct? Is this also the case for Luzern?

Thanks.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zurich HB Station

Have a look at the www.zvv.ch website for transport in and around Zurich.

Luzern Hotels now offer a city transport pass.

Hot off the press! tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188064-i573-k52…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zurich HB Station

@ oller - "Altamiro is correct - you need a new ticket for backtracking to Zurich Hardbrücke. It's CHF 2.60 to be precise, but I suggest buy a return ticket for the double price, which is valid as a 24 hours pass on any means of transportation within Zurich. I guess you will use some trams, busses or trains during your stay in Zurich, so this would be a good deal for you."

So does the above means that if I buy a return train ticket from Zurich HB to Zurich Hardbrücke - I can travel back and forth as much as I want for 24 hours? How much does 24 hours ticket costs?

So, if my TGV ticket is from Paris to Zurich HB. In order to get to Zurich Hardbrücke - I have to come out of the Zurich HB station and buy another ticket and get into the same station and board the train? Its too much hassle with large many luggages.

I am staying at Zurich Novotel hotel (total stay in zuich is less than 24 hours) near Zurich Hardbrücke - how to walk to the hotel, any direction help?

What kind of pass or travel ticket should I obtain (2 peple) for less than 24 hours stay? I want to go to the city and see some sightseeing, etc.

Please me know.

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
256 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zurich HB Station

You will be arriving at the main station (Zurich HB) at the street level. Once you have bought your two 24-hour Zone 10 (Zurich) tickets. Go down the escalators near track 16 to platforms 21/22 and take the S7 or S15 train to Zurich Hardbrucke. This trip will take 5 minutes. You can use the tickets on any tram, train, bus, or ship for the rest of your visit.

The ticket machine gives you the choice of one hour, or 24 hours.

I would recommend taking a map giving exact directions from Hardbrucke station to your hotel.

Hope you have a great time.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zurich HB Station

All informations from fedex are correct. Just a few additions:

You don't have to get out of the station Zurich HB and in again. As against to many (underground) stations in the world, in Switzerland you can move around the trains freely with or without ticket. Only if you board a train you have to be in possession of a valid ticket. So it's not a hassle even with heavy luggage.

You can buy the 24 hours pass either from one of the many vending machines or from the counter. It costs CHF 8.20. This ticket is valid for any means of transportation within the zone/city borders of Zurich, like trains, trams, busses and even boats. In case you will fly out of Zurich airport the next day, you would only need to buy an additional ticket for one zone, which is CHF 4.10 (instead of CHF 12.80 for the regular price for a ticket to the airport).

Directions to Novotel: If you walk out from the station Hardbrücke, go straight, always underneath a bridge and take the second street to the left, where the Novotel is on your left. It's only a few minutes walking on flat ground.

10. Re: Zurich HB Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:17