We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time worry- please help

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Connection time worry- please help

Swiss Airlines leaving Tel Aviv with connection in Zurich. There is 1 hour 20 minutes connection time. Is this enough time to connect to an America Airlines flight from Zurich to New York City in Zurich Airport?

Need to know asap or else I need to cancel my ticket

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,207 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time worry- please help

Hi there,

Generally yes. Almost all Swiss flights from outside Schengen arrive/leave from the 2nd terminal across the runway. Also you won't have to pass any formalities, just move to NY gate for security checks. No reason to worry, even if you would not have the 2nd boarding pass already. This all assuming you are on 1 ticket with the luggage labeled directly to NY.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,064 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time worry- please help

I looked this combination up on the Swiss site and the AA site and I think you will be fine. IF the inbound LX (swiss) flight is late, and you miss the outbound AA flight Swiss will re-book you. 1hr 20 mins is a LOT of time to connect in ZRH!!

3. Re: Connection time worry- please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:17