We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
505 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Hello, me and my parents are arriving to Zurich airport from different locations, and we should have about 2 hours between our flights. It's going to be around 5 pm - 7 pm time.

I'm looking for suggestion on where to meet, so it would be easy to find, after customs control, was not very boring to spend an hour or so.

Could you recommend easy identifiable locations inside the airport to meet?

Thanks,

Anna

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Hi, there is a small café at the far end of the arrivals hall so you can't miss it. When you leave the secure area and enter the public arrivals area, turn right as you face the doors and walk to the end. There is a café there and you wouldn't miss each other for sure. Which ever is getting in first, you have some time to cross over the arrivals pick up lanes into the shopping center building and have some nice time for shopping. The train station is on the lower level in the shopping center.

Hope this helps.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

The area immediately after customs/arrivals is undergoing construction so you don't want to be in this area. I think the Starbucks next to the SBB train ticket/travel office is a good location because i) the trains are well signed ii) it's only 1-2 min walk from arrivals iii) there are usually plenty of seats and space for bags.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Re KM's point, that cafe is in Arrivals 1. if you arrive in Arrivals 2, the directions won't make sense. I think following the signs to the railway station is a good bet. The disadvantage is that in that area (I think) there are only departure screens - not arrivals, so it's harder to monitor the progress of the people you are meeting.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

But US flights are in Arrivals 1. However, as it' a construction, I would suggest going to the shopping center and meeting in the cafe area in the middle right in front of the Migros. Seating and plenty of people watching etc. To get to it go tothe far right hand end of the street level of the shopping center. . You will see the Migros supermarket and just in front of it there's a cafe area with seating. It's easy to find, to see others and to be seen there.

Are you arriving from the US?

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Opposite Migros is a good idea. But 'arriving from the US' can mean different things. If you've changed planes within Schengen, outside Schengen, on a non-stop flight.... all affects which arrivals you come to (and you can actually switch between them at choice by following a sign). So safe to steer clear of the arrivals area(s).

Edited: 07 June 2013, 09:30
Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Hi all... Here is a link to the map of the "Airport Center" where both of these location are found.

zurich-airport.com/Portaldata/2/Resources/im…

On level "-1" The Railway ticket counters are 75, the nearby Starbucks is 79 (this is my preferred location - due to the more comfy seats for a 2hr wait).

On "Level 0" The Migros (Grocery store) is 58, and Cafe Presto (opposite) is 54.

Hope this helps with your reunion!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
505 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Thank you very much for all the information!

I actually will be arriving from London (will spend there a couple of days before going to Switzerland) around 18:50 on British Airways, parents will be arriving from Moscow, not sure which airline, and their flight should arrive at 16:30, but I'd assume they'll have to spend some time on passport/customs control, so ideally timing should work pretty well.

We plan to rent a car - this is what I have on my confirmation:

Rental Company:

EUROPCAR

ZURICH AIRPORT

** DESK IN TERMINAL **

I think I should feel pretty comfortable to navigate the airport even if I need to switch the terminals, but for parents it might be difficult and the easiest set of instructions would work best.

My cell phone won't work in Europe, so I hope to use Skype over wi-fi (the assumption is there is wi-fi at the airport :) ) to call them when we arrive.

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

The car rental desks are also on this map - zurich-airport.com/Portaldata/2/Resources/im…

Level 1 - section 1. Europcar's desk is up there - so all of the proposed meeting places are convenient.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
505 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

Excellent! Thank you very much!

10. Re: Easy to find place to meet at Zurich airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:17