We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enge Train to Zurich HB

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Enge Train to Zurich HB

Hi everyone: I am having trouble locating the schedule for this route. How long does it take to get from Enge to Zurich HB? I am considering an apartment in Enge for our stay in Zurich later this fall but I don't want to be too far away. Thanks, Moms

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,661 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enge Train to Zurich HB

Hi there,

If it's near station 'Zurich Enge'', an easy and frequent 17 min ride to HB. See www.sbb.ch

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enge Train to Zurich HB

Hi Moms...

Zurich Enge is quite central but a bit residential. It is very close to the lake, and is well served by trams and trains (S-bahn = local commuter trains), but you can also walk from Enge station to Burkliplatz at the downtown end of the lake in about 10min. As the previous poster noted it is a 15-20 minute ride from Enge to the main train station by TRAM (via Bahnhofstrasse and ParadePlatz), but it is only a 6minute (2stop) ride from Enge Station to Zurich HB by TRAIN.

It is a nice neighborhood... if the apartment is near to a tram stop or to the Enge station then it should be a nice convenient place to stay.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enge Train to Zurich HB

Residential works for us! Thanks for that feedback. We prefer to be in a non-touristy area. I was able to locate the flat on a map and it appears to be a couple of blocks from the Zurich Enge HG and a really lovely walk to the lake then into the city. I am hopeful it is available and as good in person as it looks online. My only concern is that no reviews have been posted. Fingers crossed that it is legitimate and nice! Thanks for the help!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enge Train to Zurich HB

hi moms,

No worries , in my view the swiss standard is par to the excellence cheers

5. Re: Enge Train to Zurich HB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:18