We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days stay in Zurich

roma
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
3 days stay in Zurich

Hi, I'll be in Zurich from 7th to 10th dec and I have a couple of questions.

I am still looking for an hotel, at the moment waiting for better alternatives I am considering St. Gotthard (expensive but very central) and Swissotel, cheaper and farthest from the centre. is this latter well connected with the centre? is the area nice and safe ?

I plan a day out if the weather allows it, I am considering Bern or Lucerne, both an hour away from Zurich. having to chose one, and willing to use the train, which will you recommend?

and last.... will I freeze ? :)

thanks very much to whom will answer me

Valeria

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 days stay in Zurich

i never stayed there but i used to life in a building across the street. so i can only give advise on the location (eventhough the hotel seems to be nice). and i think its a really good location. you can walk down to the main station and city center in about 10-15 minutes and its a nice walk. or you can take the tram (station in front of the hotel) and youre there in 5-10 minutes. the neighborhood is quite and nice (but maybe ask for a room NOT facing Weinbergstrasse..that would be the noisiest street around)

there are defenetly less expensive restaurants in zurich that the one i mentioned. what do you like? a bunch of italian on top of my mind, but that is not a good option for you i guess..:-)

roma
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 days stay in Zurich

you are probably right, but I don't live Rome as a tourist so I have no idea :)

anyway I booked at the Rex Hotel, seems rather near the city centre, thanks for your advice.

roma
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 days stay in Zurich

thank again for your reply. I don't go to italian restaurant when I am out of Italy, as I like to try local food.

any suggestions?

thanks very much

14. Re: 3 days stay in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18