We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from milan to zurich .

Oakland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train from milan to zurich .

Please advise me on train from milan to zurich . I know MC is chaotic and not reliable but I have tickets for plane in zurich - so I have to be on time . I'm traveling in the mid of august . Please help me

Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,014 reviews
from US$176.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Tour from Zurich...
350 reviews
from US$253.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,038 reviews
from US$253.60*
Heidiland and Liechtenstein Tour from...
859 reviews
from US$95.20*
Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from milan to zurich .

Not sure what your expectations are? If you take the train the day before your trip back to USA? to make connections you should be fine! Stay overnight near the airport. Lots of hotels with shuttles. Trains from Italy to Switzerland require a reservations so you will have a seat.

see the www.sbb.ch website for tickets.

Or you can purchase through italiarail.com

Be careful at Milan Central...lots of pickpockets...don't get distracted.

Good Luck and safe journey!

Oakland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from milan to zurich .

Thank you . Hope everything will be ok :)

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from milan to zurich .

Ok - perhaps your impressions of Milano Centrale are a bit over exaggerated. The station is no more chaotic or problematic than any station in New York. Just keep your common sense intact, be alert, and you will have no problem.

As for trains - yes the Italians have a "different idea of punctuality"... if you need to be at ZHR Airport before mid-afternoon, I strongly suggest arriving the previous day and staying overnight. You could also consider staying overnight in Luzern if you prefer... it also has excellent train connections to ZRH airport.

However if you fly out later in the day you can also take a very early train to Lugano and then spend an hour or two there and then catch the Swiss ICN trains - they have an exceptional on-time record, and are way more comfortable than the old Italian EC trains.

Lots of options ...but be on the safe side and make sure you don't miss your flight... and keep in mind that flights back to the USA have additional (time consuming) security measures - so showing up at the last minute is a no-no.

Good luck

4. Re: Train from milan to zurich .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16