We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air plane landing to clearance and baggage collection

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Air plane landing to clearance and baggage collection

Hi,

I have a plane flight scheduled for arrival at 750AM. Would like to take a train out at 930AM with prebooking.

Would there be sufficient time to disembark, clear customs and collect our luggage, and catch the 930AM train?

Thanks in advance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Air plane landing to clearance and baggage collection

It's the 1332 from Zurich hb! Therefore, will be in time for brunch at federal!

Just wanted to check on the comment about the half fare pass! I bought the supersaver while selecting no reduction. However now I am slightly concerned, what's the best way to check whether I require the travel pass?

Thanks all again.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air plane landing to clearance and baggage collection

Okay, now you have to get from the airport to Zurich HB as the 1332 to Milan leaves from there. It's easy, though. Just go to the ticket window or the ticket machine in the train station at the airport and get a one way, 2nd class ticket to Zurich HB or Zurich Hauptbahnhof. It will cost about 4 Swiss francs.

What did you pay for your ticket to Milan and on which website did you buy it? It'l likely to be less expensive to buy another ticket than the 120 franc 1/2 fare card if you accidentally bought the wrong ticket.

The Federal is a brasserie on the street level of the Hauptbahnhof - a great place to people watch with decent food and loads of different Swiss beers! If you stand with your back to the tracks facing the main hall on the street level, you will see the SBB ticket windows to your left - walk along that side and you will come to the Federal. I don't think they open until about 11 AM but there are many shops, etc. at the station and an entire shopping center underneath the station so you can easily kill an hour or two.

Hope this helps.

13. Re: Air plane landing to clearance and baggage collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:15