We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Iceland
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

My (very short) trip to the Netherlands is approaching fast. I was wondering if you could point me to any good outlet stores near or in Amsterdam, preferably with high quality brands/labels.

I know about the Roermond Designer Outlet but it looks like a 2 hours drive from Amsterdam and that is to long, considering my short stay.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

You should head to Lelystad if you really feel the urge to visit an outlet center

http://www.bataviastad.nl/en

Iceland
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Thank you very much Ger_Holland. Exactly what I was looking for.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Hi,I'm flying to Amsterdam next week and I'm looking for luxury brands outlet such as Roermond Designer Outlet but in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Saja

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Hi,I'm flying to Amsterdam next week and I'm looking for luxury brands outlet such as Roermond Designer Outlet but in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Saja

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,048 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Sorry Saja, not known. How would this work economically is a good question to ask oneself; both with Amsterdam rents (quite a lot higher than in e.g. Lelystad and Roermond) and with the top brands unwilling to allow outlet stores too close to the normal A-brand stores...

Have fun anyhow,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Outlet centers are (almost) always outside of the city centers. Typically in areas that do not have many visitors in general.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

I see that it can be reached by boat from Amsterdam. Is that feasible? What are we talking about in terms of transportation costs? (boat vs train vs bus)

If you don't mind, could someone elaborate on price level? E.g are a typical pair of jeans top 50€?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the many questions!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,048 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Hi there,

Yes it's close to the jetties but no scheduled boat services from Amsterdam that we know of. Train-bus it will be for public transport.

Price level, from what Sandya remembers, is typical outlet. Bags and watches e.g. 20-30% of the original price.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

I have always found the goods at Batavia Stad Outlet in Lelystad still overpriced and the discounts not that great. I've been a few times and only bought a few things. Wouldn't recommend it when you have limited time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good outlet stores near Amsterdam?

Thanks!

You meant 20-30% OFF the original price, right?