We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for driving itinerary Amsterdam to Paris

Melbourne
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for driving itinerary Amsterdam to Paris

My husband and I will be hiring a car to for 16 days and plan to drive between Amsterdam and Paris in early June. I have planned the following itinerary and would like some advice as to whether it is feasible or if you have other suggestions.

We are not planning on spending any time in either Amsterdam nor Paris - we have been to the cities before and want to see the countryside etc.

Day 1 - arrive Amsterdam late afternoon (by plane) and pick up hire car at airport. Drive to Haarlem.

Day 2 Haarlem

Day 3 Drive to The Hague

Day 4 The Hague

Day 5 Drive to Brugge via Delft

Day 6 Brugge - day trip by train to Antwerp

Day 7 Brugge - day trip by train to Ghent

Day 8 Brugge - day trip to Sluis

Day 9 Brugge - relax day

Day 10 Drive Brugge to Caen via Dunkirk

Day 11 Caen area -

Day 12 Caen area - Bayeux

Day 13 Caen area - Honfluer and Deauville

Day 14 Drive to area around Blois to see Chateau Chenonceau

Day 15 Chateau de Blois

Day 16 Drive to airport - stay overnight for morning flight

Thanks in advance

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for driving itinerary Amsterdam to Paris

Have you worked out how much the Intl.oneway drop off fee will be for the car? I would suggest picking up the car in Northern Franceand using rail before that. The time you are in Brugge the car is not needed. As for the trip to Delft take the tram ! it is not very far. Otherwise you will be paying for parking a little used car. I expect the drop off fee to be €500+

Guess it depends on how much you you dislike public transport ;-)

2. Re: Suggestions for driving itinerary Amsterdam to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:16