We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noordwijk?

Chicago, il
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Noordwijk?

My husband is traveling to Noordwijk this summer for a business trip for about a week. I am going to tag along for a vacation. We are planning to rent a car and I am hoping to explore a bit while he is working. Any suggestions of places to go and things to see? (we will be in Amsterdam later in the summer, so I was thinking of avoiding Amsterdam this trip)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,213 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noordwijk?

Hi there,

The whole coastal area is nice, e.g. also Alkmaar-Bergen/Schoorl or Katwijk more to the south. And if you want to go much further, the Zeeland deltaworks. But smaller sights like Kinderdijk or Oudewater are also nice to visit.

I'd avoid all major towns in the west side of the country if I were you due to parking and traffic light struggle, towns are better done by bus/train.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noordwijk?

I'd visit The Hague, which is where our parliament is. It also has the Peace Palace and some museums to visit.

If the weather is nice, it would be nice to have dinner at one of the beach pavilion in nearby Scheveningen.

Chicago, il
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noordwijk?

Thank you both for your tips! Very helpful! I cannot wait for my trip!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Noordwijk?

I second the suggestion for Oudewater. A very cute little town.

And indeed, Bergen is also very nice. It has a part 6km from the sea, and a part by the sea.

I also like the beach at Castricum and the beach cafe Zoomers on the sand. Do not expect white sandy beaches and blue water. The sand is sort of dark and grey-ish and the sea is dark grey. It's nice for walks though, and the light and clouds can be amazing. Cafe/restaurant Zoomers has soft couches looking out onto the beach through fake fireplaces. :-) And if the weather is good they have comfy beach chairs out on the sand, with waiters serving you.

Leiden and Haarlem and Delft are nice cities but probably best visited by public transport. Parking is hard to find and expensive.

I don't like Den Haag much but if you do go there then Panorama Mesdag might be nice to visit, and Museon.

Have fun!

Cecilia

Amsterdam

http://cile.home.xs4all.nl/

5. Re: Noordwijk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:15