We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

What would the options be for buying a SIM card in the Netherlands that would work in Switzerland and Germany as well, and where it would be possible to load airtime onto it in those two other countries as well.

I am going to be visiting all three, and using my own phone on roaming would be too expensive. I would want to make a few calls (mostly local calls in the respective countries) and be able to use an internet connection on my phone.

Most versatile option for the best price?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

One will work in all countries, but higher rates outside the home country. We usually recommend buying a new SIM in each country. The rates aren't too bad if you don't make a lot of calls. Vodafone has a daily tariff to give you lower rates and data.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

It looks like this is what you are talking about: vodafone.nl/mobiel_bellen/…

Luckily I can read Dutch :)

Seems pretty good to me - perhaps just not enough data, but I guess free WiFi is around in most places.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

Yes, €2/day.

Also, have a look at this:

http://www.bellen.com/

4. Re: SIM card - Netherlands, Switzerland & Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 05:18