We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

Hi,

I am planning to make a one-day trip from Amsterdam to Brussel Central next March via train. I am more interested in travelling by Intercity train due to cheaper fares. However, some of their trips involve a transfer in Rotterdam (from track 3 to track 4) or in Roosendaal (from track 4a to track 1), according to www.ns.nl. The former transfer will only have 2-minute span in between the first train's arrival time and the second train's departure time, while the latter have 5-minute span.

Would you guys think that the transfer time is cutting too close or would it be fine?

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,943 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

Your best bet is o use the IC Direct train to Rotterdam then IC to Brussels like he 08:25 & 09:2 trains. 2 minutes is fine from 3 to 4 as these are the same physical platform just different sides so just a matter of getting off one train and on another.

5 minutes at Roosendaal is also ok, no a big station. If you miss the train then you can just wait for the next one.

Are there no cheap Thalys tickets left, that is a direct train and would shave over an hour off each way

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Roosendaal
Roosendaal
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

Yeah, unfortunately the fares for Thalys trains on the day I am planning to travel are out of my budget, so I prefer to took longer journeys and save money...

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,943 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

Also take a look at the Eurolines bus service. They seem to have some new fast service that only takes 2h45 and from only 10 euros each way.

http://www.eurolines.nl/en

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
8,080 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

You have specific interests in Brussels?

If not you might want to choose Bruges instead which is much more scenic.

Ghent and Antwerp are good alternatives as well.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
5. Re: Transfer time in Rotterdam/Roosendaal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:19