We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland Tour

Caserta, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
Holland Tour

Hello.

I'm planning a 10 days tour in Holland next summer covering the following cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Den Haag.

In particular: 4 days Amsterdam (+2 days arrival and departure), 2 days Den Haag, 1 day Rotterdam, 1 day Utrecht,

1. Does exist a rail pass so I can save money travelling by train from a city to another?

2. Does exist a public transport pass in each of the above cities?

3. Does exist a pass for the attraction such as museum, so I can avoid queue and wasting time? What about online booking?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Caserta, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
11. Re: Holland Tour

Yes it's true. Sorry for the mistake.

Anyway I reduced Den Haag as follows:

Binnehof

Mauritshuis (i'll visit in august, so it'll be open, right?)

Escher museum.

I think the're small museum so a day for all is enough.

What about ov chipkart for transport?

Edited: 29 January 2014, 11:03
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
12. Re: Holland Tour

no worries! Yes you can easily visit these musea and have enough time to really see them! Info about the OV Chipkaart can be found here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c119198/Amste…

In Den Haag you can buy a 24 hours OV Chipkaart for 6.50 euros.

You could consider buying a anonymous OV Chipkaart for 7.50 euros for your stay. You can top off your card with euros and use it at almost every bus, tram, train etc in the Netherlands. You then don't have to buy tickets anymore as you can just check-in and check-out with your card. Please note that in order to travel by train upon checking-in you need at least an amount of 20 euros on your card and that you don't charge too much as it has difficult to retain your balance once you've stopped using your card.

I think you should calculate what would be the best option for you, buying an IAmsterdamcard that gives you free access to some musea and unlimited access to public transport in Amsterdam or buy loose tickets for musea and use the OV Chipkaart.......

13. Re: Holland Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:19