We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

Qormi, Malta
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

Hi, I will be travelling to Amsterdam in July and after 2 days I would like to go to Brussels. I searched online and the only 2 options of public transport are Thalys or intercity. I know that intercity is much cheaper than Thalys however do I need to stay transferring trains or will it just make a stop and keep on going to Brussels? I don't know from where yet I shall start my route if either from Schipol or Centraal as my apartment is equally distant from both. I would like the cheapest method preferably, one that I can stay on the same train and not change trains.

Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

If you book Thalys 90 days in advance it won't be that expensive and you can stay on the train.

Any particular reason for visiting Brussels?

Qormi, Malta
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

I will be heading to Rock Werchter festival. Apparently all intercity trains have transfers nowadays and it worries me that you might miss the train and end up waiting longer or with an invalid ticket. I've never been to either Amsterdam or Brussels so I don't know how the system works :/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

The intercities have no reservations so your intercity ticket is valid on the next train if you miss a connection.

I'd go with Thalys just for ease of travel and peace of mind. And just book well in advance. www.b-europe.com or www.nshispeed.nl

Have fun at the festival!

Edited: 11 March 2014, 13:17
Qormi, Malta
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

Thanks a lot for your help :)!

5. Re: Going to Brussels from Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:20