We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

We will be staying at a Landal holiday village about 10 km from Gouda in August. I am researching transit options right now. We will have bikes but my youngest kid is 8 so I don't know how far she can ride. I see there are buses that can take us to Gouda, Zoetermeer, and Den Haag. The bus that goes directly to Den Haag is of particular interest. It is a Arriva Qliner, number 383. I am worried that it might not be running during August, though, since that is a vacation season. Is there any way to find out? I have been all over the public transit web sites, but can't find the information, and the automated trip planner doesn't let me select dates in August.

Also, what is a Belbus?

Thanks! We are a family of 5, coming in from the US so I want to make sure this is going to work.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

Hi there,

The timetable booklet at Arriva site does not specify a different holiday and non-holiday schedule for this line hence it sounds promising for you.

A 'belbus' means a semi-shared-taxi service, 1 h before departure you have to announce by phone that you want to travel according to the timetable and then you're booked. Price however is normal fare, it's just that they want to prevent empty rides.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

The schedules only change (slightly) on weekends and public holidays etc, not for the entire month of August so just checking the schedules for tomorrow using the 9292 site, they will be the same in August.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

Well _some_ QLiners are aimed at commuters and schoolkids and indeed stop for most of July and August, the booklet on the Arriva site I found mentions a few, but the 383 does not seem to fall under that category...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

The 383 is definitely a commuter line. It only runs in rush hour. But does that mean it would also be out in all of August? Don't some people have to work in August?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

No it doesn't, as described above. See

arriva.nl/uploads/media/Duin-_en_Bollenstree…

for the overall timetable.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,658 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

Do commuter rush-hour only routes not run in New York during August?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

I think you read Erik's post incorrectly, he said it WILL run in August.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

The 177 will also connect you with the HTM tram network in Zoetermeer and runs all day. There is also the 75 bus. Really easy to use the 9292 site to work these routes out though. On all honesty that's what most of us do to answer these questions.

By the middle of July all the dates will be available on there anyway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

Yes I am aware of the 177 bus. But doing the transfer will add significant time to the trip. We are actually trying to get to Madurodam (my kids want to go). I am using the route planner, but I also downloaded the Arriva brochure, and this is what concerns me: On page 3, there is a calendar of the year, and the dates of July 8 through Aug 30 are in red. The key at the bottom says for red dates " Maandag t/m Vrijdag Vakantiedienstregeling"

I don't read Dutch, so I have no idea what this means, but I suspect it is something to do with vacation schedules.

This is how I downloaded the brochure.

arriva.nl/fileadmin/…Zuid-Holland_Noord.pdf

Lest you say I am overthinking this, I am travelling with 3 kids. I *have* to overthink everything!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation schedules for Arriva bus lines

translate.google.com