We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

Mumbai
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

Hi, I am taking a train from Koln Hbf (leaving at 15:43) to Amsterdam Schipol Airport (reaching Schipol at 19:42Hrs ). It has two change overs and one of them is at Heerlen station. At Herleen the train reaches platform-1 at 17:05. Then the train to Amsterdam Schipol airport is from platform-5 at 17:14Hrs. So for the connection one has 9 min to go from platform-1 to platform-5.

Question: For some of you who have been to Heerlen station is 9 minutes good enough to go from platform-1 to 5 and board another train? Please let me know as soon any one of you can as I need to confirm this booking soon.

kind regards,

Anindya Ray

Edited: 20 May 2014, 22:20
5 replies to this topic
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

<For some of you who have been to Heerlen station is 9 minutes good enough to go from platform-1 to 5>

I was at Heerlen station last Friday morning. 9 minutes is certainly long enough to go from platform 1 to platform 5.

The only possible problem would be if your first train arrives late.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 22:44
Mumbai
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

Thanks.. I am buying a ticket fo travel from Koln Hbf to Amsterdam Airport. In case I miss the connection because of my train reaching Heerlen late can I take the next available train using the same ticket? There is another one from Heerlen to Amsterdam airport in about 30min.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,372 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

Strange place to connect. There is a direct train to Utrecht at 14:46 then onwards to Schiphol. Why not just take that one?

In answer to your question yes you can take any train from Heerlen.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

As long as the train from Cologne is on time, 9 minutes should be plenty. Due to construction works there is no actual station building in Heerlen though, and I find the temporary staircases to/from the platforms to be quite steep. If you carry a lot of luggage I would definitely take the elevator from platform 1 to the upper level and then another one down to platform 5. Even that should be doable in 9 minutes :)

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5

RonaldoC, this Indian gentleman is obviously interested in the cheapest ticket, on the slow train via Heerlen or Venlo, not the ICE via Utrecht, but on some days and times there are ICE tickets not much more expensive than these via Heerlen or Venlo. Check at www.nshispeed.nl

Reply to: Heerlen train station: Distance between Platform 1 and 5
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted