We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going back and forth Cologne

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leon, Guanajuato
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
going back and forth Cologne

hi, me and my sister are going to maastricht to visit a cousin but while being there we were wondering if it is possible to visit Cologne, i hear it's suppossed to be near, if so, please suggest the best way to get to and from.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,261 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going back and forth Cologne

Hi there,

Well geographically it's closer to there than to e.g. Arnhem, but travelwise it's not that easy! Try www.bahn.de for the timetable in English, probably at least 2 hours by slow train with 2 transfers (Sittard and Venlo or Heerlen and Aachen); from Arnhem however, by express train, it's only 90 mins.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,622 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going back and forth Cologne

Or just over an hour by car. Aachen is also supposed to be a nice german town but I have not personally been there and it is easier to get there from Maastricht.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going back and forth Cologne

The fastest way to Cologne is by express bus from Maastricht to Aachen and train from there. It might be faster by car but except on a sunday you will lose whatever time you gained by looking for parking.

Aachen is a very nice place to visit as well (burial place of Charlemagne in the cathedral, etc.) but nothing as spectacular as the Cologne cathedral.

4. Re: going back and forth Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:15